Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Quirks in a day of a Venture Capital Firm - 21st January 2009

Happy advanced Chinese New Year to one and all!

One pet peeve I have is when someone honestly and deliberately does not take the effort in doing things right, particularly when they are in the full capacity to do so. Not only does the subject sound like a typical Nigerian scam email, the entire message reeks of laziness, namely:
  • the name (this message came to me from LinkedIn, the writer has to actually click into my profile, and at the message screen, my name would again be displayed in the "to" box, I doubt he can actually miss seeing my name)
  • the acronyms (just what are you expecting a potential employer to know what is "opp")
  • the manner of the letter (looks just like an sms chat)
Job seekers, read and learn.

SASI REDDY has sent you a message.

Date: 1/28/2009

Subject: Dear

Dear
This is Syamsundar Reddy
is there any opp SAP BI
Ihave 4yrs exp in SAP BI
if any i sthere plz revert ..

Thnskregrds
Syamsundar Reddy

No comments: