Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quirks in a day of a Venture Capital Firm - 3rd December 2008

It is a common assumption that Venture Capitalists are an arrogant bunch by either never replying emails or always asking always probing.

Every other day, I would receive some quirky emails requesting for investments. Some are genuinely misguided while others are seriously delusional. I believe it is time to clear the air on what a Venture Capitalist has to wade through their email boxes on a daily basis. I will be posting up (on an irregular basis) various email solicitations worthy of a Simon Cowell retort. Enjoy.

PS. Do note the sender name differs from the sign off name.

Subject: INTERNET DUAL SYSTEM
From: "Michael Wedra"
Date: Wed, December 3, 2008 9:29 pm
To: startup@azionecapital.com
Priority: Normal

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’ve a patent that drastically increases internet security.
For the realization of the system I need 200 million USD’s investment capital.
With this amount of money you can buy 20% of a new company.
You’ll earn 600 million USD’s per year.

A video – presentation is available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UWUG5RShE

Thank you for your efforts in advance
sincerely

Csaba Bona

PS: Please forward this email to every known Billionaires, investor.
In case of realization for 1 % comission.

Your answer is appreciated.


E-Mail deleted@deleted.ch
Phone +41 61 del et ed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you know that was a scam instead of a legitimate or delusional solicitation.

Nicholas Chan said...

Yes indeed it is quite obvious to most; I am just taking my time to post up these quirky solicitations that I receive in my inbox.

Ani said...

I am sure he is not aware of what he is talking about, don't even allow that guy to come anywhere near a computer.