Friday, November 28, 2008

What do you have?

In a time where music is mere glorified shallow actions and words, timeless classics like Elvis still hold their own. I was told more than once that this song was the epitome of a loser; the people that told me that were rich individuals and families.

Yet within myself, this song is what embodies the never-give-up spirit of an entrepreneur; the world will always see them as idiots that challenge when they can accept, that stands up when all others stand along the by-ways, that does actual things rather than survive for mere cheap compliments and empty words, to put in their all while others put barely enough.

I have been beaten down time and time again, viciously betrayed and endured injustice all my life, yet what truly matters when I look into the eyes of my aggressors and know that at the very least, I truly did it My Way and no matter what they do, that is something they can never take that away from me.



For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

No comments: