Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Life List

I had a chat with Darrel Lim, an old friend and associate working as an R&D Executive in the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore on 7 July 2008 (Monday) and he shared with me on how he keeps track of his Big Hairy Audacious Goals in his life via a simple "Life List". Summarizing some of the points taken from the very well written Robin Brande's Creating a Life List article, here is the first cut of my own Life List. This article would be updated as-and-when I have something new to add or when I achieved some portions of it.

Skills I would want to learn

8 July - Master the command of the Chinese, Teochew, Malay, Thai and Vietnamese languages.
8 July - Obtain a private pilot license.

Places I want to go if money and time was no object

8 July - Russia, to witness first hand the tenacity of the people.
8 July - Uganda, to visit a Singapore social entrepreneur who made it his home.
8 July - The islands of Micronesia, to finally see the routes of which the M/T Heracles sails.

Experiences I want to have no matter what other people think

8 July - Work on lifting up the lowest in society in the world by the formation of social enterprises within their community.
8 July - Defend helpless civilians from fundamentalist terrorists.
2 August - Establish a comprehensive "green" taxi company powered by Electric cars, with a comprehensive distributed recharging network powered by wind and solar (for urban areas).

No comments: